Thursday, May 1, 2014

Art Every Day and Magic in May

May First... has always had a warm place in my Artistic Heart...


Images of Color, Roses, Ribbons, Maypoles have been present in my mind ever since I was a little girl.... and now that I have my own children I hope to continue to inspire them the way I was inspired.

So every day in May I am going to post a little bit of Magic!!!!  




A Tag Line that I am incorporating into my business logo is this:

"There is Art in Every heART... if you are smART you love ART...."

Some new projects I am working on will take me back to some previous artwork..... inspired by new images too...

Such as:  "Laguna Blue" which I painted on an 50" x 50" canvas... it is bright and colorful... and an new image shared with me by my friend Linda has for obvious reasons inspired me to take out a new canvas and paint a similar painting....

"Laguna Blue"  50"x 50" Oil on Canvas

This is the new image, taken by Linda off the coast of Malibu.  You can see why it reminded me of my Laguna painting.  So....  I now I just need to decide on what canvas size to use... it will be large!

My second set of paintings is of my Birds of Paradise.
The original Bird painting is a 12" x 12" Oil, which was Sold a few years ago


The new paintings are Acrylic on Miniature Canvases.
Two of them, 3" x 6".  I have the leaves and background blocked in... the rest will be completed when I paint on site at one of my Boutiques or Art Shows over the next few weeks.


For more information about my art, custom orders, murals, or teaching opportunities, please contact me.



No comments: