Tuesday, March 24, 2015

What's New? What's Next?

Springing into a New Season of Fresh Art...  that's what's new.


Starting with New Projects, New Materials and Developing New Art for myself as well as for my students and clients is all part of the organic nature of being an artist.

First, I look at my schedule and in between kids, school, assignments, scouts, brownies, Irish Dance, and other family obligations, then I see what's available.  I have carved out Monday Evenings as being MINE for the next few weeks...  every other week.  And then I have successfully planned that the "first week" of each month is for Me, My family, and my Children... so I can connect with them, and we can have some quality time together... eat together... and get a moment of face-time.  If not for that then the rest is just a chaotic mess and we are all so stressed out.

Negotiating Away Time... for me that's exploring with my paints and easel, and going further than my own back yard and studio.... actually roaming further than the next zipcode too.  So on my agenda for the "out of area" excursions are:

Family Away Time - a Night or Two either up the coast, or in the mountains.  Camping and Exploring.  Maybe pastels or watercolors to play with while I watch the kids play and romp with the dog.  That sounds PERFECT!

April 18, Christ Lutheran Church and School - I will partake in Art Demonstrations, Plein-Air and just see what happens - Info Here


Plein Air on Wednesdays...  Every Wednesday I am going to "Attempt" to get out and paint, sketch or at least enjoy some fresh air and take photos that I can bring back and paint in the studio....
Keeping it Simple.

Look for "Wednesday Workshops" for an up-to-date calendar, to Reserve your Spot, or find out where I will be next...

Cloisonne ---  and other new things:  A new (to me) art technique that I am going to learn!  I plan on documenting and sharing this experience with you.

New Art Lessons and Summer Programs: are now scheduled and on my art school blog.  Visit the Art School Web Page Here to learn more and sign up for summer classes.  Suitable for Adults and Children.

No comments: